ASUS ROG Gladius II Mouse Review. Today we explore the updated and tweaked version of the original Gladius. While the first version is still a very able mouse, tech moves forwards, and quickly in the realm of peripherals, especially e-sports related products.
Launched back in 2014, By today’s standard it was outdated, and ASUS decided to it was time for an overhaul so…que the Gladius II, sporting a new 12k DPI sensor, improved lighting and better design for swapping out the switches.
Lighting has seen the biggest change, moving away from a single tone and now offers full AURA sync support, allowing a plethora of effects and unlimited color choice. This can and should be used in conjunction with compatible ASUS products, when possible for the best experience.
Pricing of any mouse is key, and on the day of review, we found a pre-order price of just £79.99 (NA in the US at the time of writing), Which when you factor in the tech inside, the bundle and features, is damn good value!
[ASUS ROG Gladius II Mouse Features]
Ergonomic optical gaming mouse optimised for FPS gaming featuring easy-swap switch socket, Aura Sync RGB lighting and DPI target thumb button
- Exclusive easy-swap switch socket design offers customisable click resistance and extends the lifespan of the mouse
- Customisable ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting
- DPI button to toggle sensitivity, while the DPI target thumb button provides short instances of precision
- Omron switches with 50-million-click durability, plus two extra Japanese-made Omron switches for a different feel
- Advanced 12000 DPI optical sensor, 250 IPS, 50g acceleration and 1000Hz USB polling rate for fast and accurate tracking
- Detachable cable and ROG travel pouch for convenient portability and storage
- Exclusive ROG Armoury interface for easy customisation of button, performance and lighting setting
|OS Support||Windows® 10|
|Dimensions||L 126 x W 67 x H 45 mm|
|Weight||110 g without cable|
|Interface available||Mouse : USB|
|Contents||1 x 2-meter braided USB cable|
|1 x 1-meter regular rubber USB cable|
|2 x Japanese-made Omron switches|
|1 x ROG pouch|
|1 x ROG logo sticker|
|Compatible switch list for ROG switch socket:||-Omron D2F Series switches: D2F, D2F-F, D2F-01, D2F-01F|
|-Omron D2FC Series switches: D2FC-3M, D2FC-F-7N, D2FC-F-7N(10M), D2FC-F-7N(20M)|
Courtesy of ASUS